One of the many resolutions that I take every year is to be more active on
the blogging arena. So here I was ready to take the plunge and immediately found
myself stumbling at the starting line itself. How should I break ice? Where
should I put my feet as I prepare to walk? Will I be judged?
Anyways putting aside all my random thoughts and taking inspiration from the Korean manufacturer’s (Hyundai) tagline – “New thinking, New Possibilities”, here I was trying to spray some color on what this new year could mean to me, to you or anyone else for that matter.
A few days back a colleague sent a forward which had me in splits since I could so relate to it.
<Attached image below>

So moving on to more serious matters if I can say that. How do we ensure that the new year is different and better than the one that went by. Well to start with, it is definitely better since you have started thinking about it..that is really the first step. Besides, nothing really remains constant does it. Closer home, Accenture is innovating with the launch of Accenture Digital and Accenture Strategy growth platforms. Change is as much as relevant for organizations as it is for individuals. It cannot just be a mere battle to survive, unless we take the oars in our own hands the boat will not move forward.
Here is my bucket list of things which I would want to achieve or do better in 2014.
1. Be more healthy – This has to be my favorite since I keep dilly dallying around it. I plan to run a marathon this year which though not the end objective but is an important milestone in my mind. Got myself the Fitbit flex wearable gadget as well to keep track of my daily movement (YES!!)
2. Give it back to the society – During my college days, I used to visit an old age home and a orphanage occasionally. It sounds clichéd but the joy of bringing a smile to anyone is really even more than a million dollars in cash. So I will now be more proactive and do whatever I can for the less privileged.
Well I can list another 10 “To-do’s” but its not about doing a hundred different things, its about doing a couple of things right. This is just a start and I hope to stick to it which at the end of it will make my life more meaningful and fulfilled. Life is not a race with anyone but your own self. The sooner we accept this reality, the better.
Will hopefully connect with my experiences sometime.
Cheers!
Anyways putting aside all my random thoughts and taking inspiration from the Korean manufacturer’s (Hyundai) tagline – “New thinking, New Possibilities”, here I was trying to spray some color on what this new year could mean to me, to you or anyone else for that matter.
A few days back a colleague sent a forward which had me in splits since I could so relate to it.
<Attached image below>
So moving on to more serious matters if I can say that. How do we ensure that the new year is different and better than the one that went by. Well to start with, it is definitely better since you have started thinking about it..that is really the first step. Besides, nothing really remains constant does it. Closer home, Accenture is innovating with the launch of Accenture Digital and Accenture Strategy growth platforms. Change is as much as relevant for organizations as it is for individuals. It cannot just be a mere battle to survive, unless we take the oars in our own hands the boat will not move forward.
Here is my bucket list of things which I would want to achieve or do better in 2014.
1. Be more healthy – This has to be my favorite since I keep dilly dallying around it. I plan to run a marathon this year which though not the end objective but is an important milestone in my mind. Got myself the Fitbit flex wearable gadget as well to keep track of my daily movement (YES!!)
2. Give it back to the society – During my college days, I used to visit an old age home and a orphanage occasionally. It sounds clichéd but the joy of bringing a smile to anyone is really even more than a million dollars in cash. So I will now be more proactive and do whatever I can for the less privileged.
Well I can list another 10 “To-do’s” but its not about doing a hundred different things, its about doing a couple of things right. This is just a start and I hope to stick to it which at the end of it will make my life more meaningful and fulfilled. Life is not a race with anyone but your own self. The sooner we accept this reality, the better.
Will hopefully connect with my experiences sometime.
Cheers!
2 comments:
nice buddy. I always keep on thinking that I will spare sometime to speak out my thoughts. Been long since I did it :(
Hope your share might ignite the un-burned fuel again in me :)
Buddy..lighten up the fuel else it will burn u up..hehe..Jokes apart I know you have the drive to do it..its jst a matter of taking that very first step..
Post a Comment