I never thought I would be re-entering the blogging arena so soon. I mean yeah I had settled down to the idea of blogging finally after months/years of procastination but wasnt expecting to walk that line immediately. Anyways I had to write after what happened over the past few days since there is nothing more I can do about it.
It started as one of my routine calls to mom, I had just finished running and was sitting in the park enjoying young kids playing cricket. So while talking to mom I could feel she was a bit disturbed. On much prodding she told me the incidents of the previous night. Some hooligans which were supposedly friends of a boy who stayed next door had beaten up my cousin and uncle right in front of our house. The reason?? A dispute over car parking which had led to a bit of shouting and abuses from both the families. I am not defending use of deragatory words but is beating someone over this justified. I am aghast since this is the place I have lived in for over 20 years. Our family has stayed there for even longer.Yet no one came forward to intervene, people just look wide eyed and whispered amongst themselves as a bunch of rowdy #$$@@@@# beat up my cousin and uncle mercilessly. As mom was narrating all this, I was getting angry and it was getting more and more heated up inside me with each passing minute. I was wishing and visualizing that I was there and could teach those jerks a lesson. Of course in hindsight if that was true, it would have been 3 people injured from our family instead of 2.
The worst part is that no police report will be filed. I was flipping when mom told me that no complaint will be filed. This is because the family of this kid who started all this and got the goondas together is a known goonda family. Getting police involved would mean countless visits to the station or worse those guys might have connections and file a counter complaint against our family. My uncle and cousin who are in government jobs could lose their jobs if they ended in prison even for a day. All this sounds absurd right? Shoudnt those guys be punished? My 60 year old uncle is left with a fracture and bruises over his eye while the cousin has injured thumbs and injury all over his back. But again we are a simple middle class family. My mom doesnt want any trouble further, you can never trust what these guys might do if we complain to police. I hate this, but I have to agree with my mother. Of course the anger is there, if there is so much within me I can just imagine what my uncle and cousin must be feeling.
What has our society turned into? Are we educated people without any sense or moral values? Are we the generation which takes out a gun the second we are provoked? So my mom is right,..never curse or fight back even if the other person is wrong (I should start practicing this)..You never know how deranged that person might be. Yes, I am glad that the injuries weren't very serious. Yes, I am still burning with rage and thinking about this sociopath who called goondas to settle a score so that he can park his vehicle wherever he wants. Yes I am wishing I encounter this person in some alley so that I can beat the living hell out him. But all that is just wishful thinking. Is this the end of things? I am not sure, anger is one common human companion. Sanity says we end this now and move on. Can we move on as individuals or as a society towards living peacefully? I wonder!
PEACE!
It started as one of my routine calls to mom, I had just finished running and was sitting in the park enjoying young kids playing cricket. So while talking to mom I could feel she was a bit disturbed. On much prodding she told me the incidents of the previous night. Some hooligans which were supposedly friends of a boy who stayed next door had beaten up my cousin and uncle right in front of our house. The reason?? A dispute over car parking which had led to a bit of shouting and abuses from both the families. I am not defending use of deragatory words but is beating someone over this justified. I am aghast since this is the place I have lived in for over 20 years. Our family has stayed there for even longer.Yet no one came forward to intervene, people just look wide eyed and whispered amongst themselves as a bunch of rowdy #$$@@@@# beat up my cousin and uncle mercilessly. As mom was narrating all this, I was getting angry and it was getting more and more heated up inside me with each passing minute. I was wishing and visualizing that I was there and could teach those jerks a lesson. Of course in hindsight if that was true, it would have been 3 people injured from our family instead of 2.
The worst part is that no police report will be filed. I was flipping when mom told me that no complaint will be filed. This is because the family of this kid who started all this and got the goondas together is a known goonda family. Getting police involved would mean countless visits to the station or worse those guys might have connections and file a counter complaint against our family. My uncle and cousin who are in government jobs could lose their jobs if they ended in prison even for a day. All this sounds absurd right? Shoudnt those guys be punished? My 60 year old uncle is left with a fracture and bruises over his eye while the cousin has injured thumbs and injury all over his back. But again we are a simple middle class family. My mom doesnt want any trouble further, you can never trust what these guys might do if we complain to police. I hate this, but I have to agree with my mother. Of course the anger is there, if there is so much within me I can just imagine what my uncle and cousin must be feeling.
What has our society turned into? Are we educated people without any sense or moral values? Are we the generation which takes out a gun the second we are provoked? So my mom is right,..never curse or fight back even if the other person is wrong (I should start practicing this)..You never know how deranged that person might be. Yes, I am glad that the injuries weren't very serious. Yes, I am still burning with rage and thinking about this sociopath who called goondas to settle a score so that he can park his vehicle wherever he wants. Yes I am wishing I encounter this person in some alley so that I can beat the living hell out him. But all that is just wishful thinking. Is this the end of things? I am not sure, anger is one common human companion. Sanity says we end this now and move on. Can we move on as individuals or as a society towards living peacefully? I wonder!
PEACE!
3 comments:
It was really heartning to know what happened and what could have been the outcome. But the golden rule to understand out of all this is 'The culture only implies to the cultured group of human beings, rest all are barred of it'. So my friend, Let live and you'll be allowed to live :)
Sumit - AS it goes..it aint over till the fat lady sings. We need to teach them a lesson,people like these dont run the nation and they need to know that. Hopefully we can go through law and get them punished. Lets see.
Nice, you started publishing your thoughts again. Hope your cousin and uncle are recovering well now. What you put in, is logically right thing to do. Anger is no doubt part of our age too and that's why when we hear such incidents, we do start boiling and develop feeling of revenge. As it is rightly said "enduring sin, is also a sin", but seeing the today's society, you can't always follow this principle. You should but care and concern for your loved ones, let you to think in other directions too. And I would say it is perfectly right decision to take also. All mighty no doubt is always there to punish those wrong doers in some or other way. So the best thing to do at times when things are not in your hand is to let all mighty decide, what to do next......
Post a Comment